Venture capital firms and funds in Europe 128 Venture Capital Group 3i Venture Capital Accuitive Medical Acer Venture Capital Act Venture Capital Ltd Adelaide Venture Capital Email ADS Ventures Boston Advantages Of Venture Capital Advent Venture Capital Agio Capital Alabama Venture Capital Alaska Venture Capital All Stages Venture Capital American Venture Capital Analysis Venture Capital Analyze Venture Capital Angel Capital Appraisal Venture Capital Arch Venture Capital Argentina Venture Capital Arizona Venture Capital Arkansas Venture Capital Arrowpath Venture Capital Assess Venture Capital Assessment Venture Capital Atlas Venture Capital ATV Venture Capital Aurora Fund Australia Venture Capital Austria Venture Capital Automotive Venture Capital AZ Venture Capital VCgate More Venture Capital Terms and Topics
The Florida Venture Forum Announces More Presenting Companies for 2009 Early Stage Venture Capital Conference
TAMPA, Fla.The Florida Venture Forum (http://www.floridaventureforum.org) has added four companies to its list of Florida companies selected to present at this year’s Early Stage Venture Capital Conference, to be held at the Omni ChampionsGate in Orlando On May 15, 2009.
Eighteen of Florida’s best early-stage prospects for equity financing will make 10-minute presentations to an audience of venture capitalists, private equity investors, angel investors, investment bankers, financial intermediaries and entrepreneurs.
- Nano Interface Technology, Inc. (NITI), (www.nanointerfacetech.com), relocating to Ocala in the summer of 2009, has developed nanotechnology-derived economical ultra-pure coatings for the $20 billion orthopedic and dental implant markets. The coating will increase the implants’ lifespan from 12 to 20 years.
- Proton Data Security, LLC, (www.protondata.com), Miami, has developed, patented and commercialized a family of breakthrough produces for declassifying and destroying electronic data. Products allow their customers to meet and exceed legal data destruction requirements.
- TNOR, LLC, Fort Lauderdale, will apply proprietary aerobic enzymatic digestion technology to process source-separated food residuals (that would otherwise be disposed of) into value-added products. The initial sales focus is large scale commercial agricultural users and distributors, as well as markets such as golf courses and turf farms.
West Central Florida
- HybridNRG, Inc. (www.hybridnrg.com), Sarasota, provides wireless integrated renewable energy solutions at facilities within the telecommunications industry.
Previously announced presenting companies are:
Central/East Central Florida
- Advanced Aero, Inc., (www.advancedaero.net), Indian Harbor Beach, has successfully designed and marketed a new, innovative light aircraft. This patented design is superior in terms of performance and fuel efficiency, and has many built-in safety features not offered by competing designs.
- Airgonomix, LLC, (www.airgonomix.com), Indialantic, sells a low cost, easy to install “Personal Air System” that controls temperatures at the individual room level in commercial and residential buildings. The patent pending system increases user comfort, decreases utility costs and conserves energy.
- bioTRAiTS Inc., (www.biotraits.com), Orlando, is a biometric technology company providing hardware, IT solutions and customized software solutions to meet time and attendance and access control needs via recognition and verification of unique human characteristics.
- Eginity (www.eginity.com), Orlando, operates in the Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) market, which provides an IP-address to any sensor-type so it can be remotely accessed, monitored and controlled via Intranet or Internet.
- Quiescence (formerly QuoNova), (www.quonova.com), Melbourne, develops healthcare products powered by safe novel technology to reduce the $30B costs of Healthcare Associated Infections (HAIs) such as MRSA. Their business model is based on direct sale of a product suite to hospitals.
- Consult A Doctor, (www.consultadoctor.com), Miami Beach, offers comprehensive consumer-to-physician communications with 24/7 access to doctors via phone and secure email, lowering healthcare costs by replacing unnecessary office, urgent care and ER visits.
- Digiport, Inc. (www.digiport.com), Miami, provides energy efficient professionally managed Tier II/Tier III colocation facilities delivered within commercial office properties.
- My Therapy Journal.com, (www.mytherapyjournal.com) Jupiter, is the first-ever, therapy-oriented online journaling tool. It provides the most private and secure venue available for both individuals and health care providers who wish to not only journal, but also track progress of personally set goals using graphing software based on cognitive behavioral therapy.
West Central Florida
- CliQuality, (www.cliquality.com), Tampa, has developed a Google AdWords campaign optimization engine, driven by data mining that automatically manages and optimizes online campaigns and their ROI.
- eCycling, Inc., (www.ecycling.com), Oldsmar, is a nationwide IT asset disposition and electronics recycling service provider, offering a one-party solution for end-of-life electronics and computer recycling, certified destruction of obsolete electronics and recertification and resale of data sanitized components and systems.
- Milliken Environmental, LLC, (www.bigpipecleaning.com), Englewood, builds and then leases its sewer and storm water cleaning equipment to contractors and municipalities. Their target area is large diameter pipe (30 inches to 22 feet).
- Physical Health Insights, LLC, Palm Harbor, was formed to provide a low cost (<$10), first of its kind, web and medically based, health assessment of the human musculoskeletal system. This proven on-line self test will identify, prevent, or mitigate the incidence of musculoskeletal injury and disease (MSD) with a comprehensive intervention program to address each person’s needs.
- Quasar Bio-Tech, Inc.,(www.quasarpro.com or www.babyquasar.com), Sarasota, currently manufactures professional and consumer light therapy devices. Using selected wavelengths of natural light, these devices are used to improve the appearance of skin (anti-aging), heal acne, grow hair, strengthen nails, relieve pain, and improve athletic performance. The Company will soon launch a new line of mass consumer products priced below $100.
- Voalte, Inc.,(www.voalte.com), Sarasota, designs, develops, markets, sells and supports innovative
healthcare solutions for the emerging class of highly mobile computing devices. This new generation of Smartphones employs high-resolution graphics; touch interface and multiband communications including cellular, WiFi, and Bluetooth.
About The Florida Venture Forum
The Florida Venture Forum is Florida’s oldest, largest and most prestigious statewide support group for venture capitalists and entrepreneurs, helping emerging growth companies come together with sources of capital from across the country. Throughout the year, the Florida Venture Forum provides monthly programs on a statewide basis. For additional information, please visit the web site at http://www.floridaventureforum.org
Source: The Florida Venture Forum